'OMG I can't believe, i've never felt this far away from home' Well I guess that'll be me, now in a weeks time.
It seems like such an age ago that Corrina finally bambozled me into going away with her....I'll blame her...its all her fault!!! I guess it isn't actually, its just that I needed a kick up the bum and that is what happened. So..although I turned down the opportunity of China and with the Italy adventure booked, I came to my own conclusion that I needed to step into the big wide world and put a toe towards the east. It also helped that Trinh is over in Vietnam and so when the discussion came up, i decided to bite the bullet and say yes without question...and the rest is history as they say!
So we're heading to Vietnam and Hong Kong...I have really now idea what to expect although i guess I've done enough reading and research on the net so I should be more aware i guess..but I'm feeling anxious and excited and am not feeling half the Intrepid explorer I felt like when it was booked....reality has set in....but hey, thats half the fun!!!
I haven't started packing yet, seems like a mountain to climb and I haven't a clue what will actually fit into my big 'backpack'. Will feel like a cammel, carrying my life on my back...do i take my big camera, little camera, one in reserve? Camcorder, ipod, just how much will i actually use these things and how will i feel if they get lost...such a responsibility. But for me this is a trip of my 20's, the bigest thing Ive done and something i should have done when i was 19, eventhough i would never have been able to cope with such a thing...I need to have a massive archive of memories!!!! I've only been on ten flights in my life, the longest was 9 hrs, this one is 13!!! How on earth does one cope with that daunting prospect....here's hoping my cold disapears!!
So..with only seven, yes seven days left in London, what is a girl to do? I'm excited, anxious and scared....scared not because i'm worried about the trip, but because it hasn't sunk in that with seven days to go, i have so much to do and reality hasn't struck yet......someone stick a rocket up my bum.....please!!!!
Tuesday, 23 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment