Well I dunno...I leave England behind and I end up getting wetter than ever before times ten! Its so bloody frustrating. We leave Hoi An tomorrow and I think I've only seen about a third of the town. Everywhere is flooded, people are being rescued by boats which are being rowed down streets that on our first day we walked down. Shops are flooded, houses are up to waist height of water and things are worse than they have been since 1999. We had to pick this trip. However, the Intrepid tour that is ahead of us by a couple of days have had to move hotels, be rescued once and been delayed from Denang to Na Trang by two days......lets hope our good fortune continues.
Several of our group have had things made by the local tailors but only about 70% of the things they bought have been made in time so they are going to have to ship them and in many ways I'm glad i didn't have anything made. They only sad thing is that in times like this when people are struggling, it would have been good to be able to support them.
So ....we have been in the hotel most of the day...i had a nap and we are just about to go and get very, very wet again which is annoying but i'm starting to feel like a caged animal so i'm gonna put some flippers on and get going!
Na Trang should hopefully be a little dryer fingers crossed so i'm gonna het the shops!!!
Watch out purse!!!
Tuesday, 13 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment